No announcement yet.

Grey Horse Inn: January 20-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been told that The Circus, next door, is also a fine pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

This is a completely new one on me.

What were you washing? A Nick Kamen album would seem appropriate.
      A few old records which have developed jumps - Raincoats, Robert Wyatt, VU, Scars. Then a load of second-hand stuff bought down the years which is not fit to be played on my spanking new turntable (first time I've ever bought a proper, manually operated one - at the lowest end of the Rega range, for people interested in that kind of stuff).

Comment

I'm going to be in manchester in April. I will of course make a pilgrimage to the Grey Horse, but no doubt my visit will coincide with one of EIM's trips and in order to actually see him in the pub, I'll have to look at facebook photos of him looking moody in an expensive coat in Mongolia or some such

Comment

I am followed by the Grey Horse. I find that slightly intimidating, though in a good way.

I looked, they don't seem to do coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            I am followed by the Grey Horse. I find that slightly intimidating, though in a good way.

I looked, they don't seem to do coffee.
            I've got a Nespresso machine in the flat.

Comment

It's a start. Although Greta Thunberg isn't going to be happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                I'm going to be in manchester in April. I will of course make a pilgrimage to the Grey Horse, but no doubt my visit will coincide with one of EIM's trips and in order to actually see him in the pub, I'll have to look at facebook photos of him looking moody in an expensive coat in Mongolia or some such
                April should be fine. Though I may be in Alaska. Who knows.

Comment

It's a start. Although Greta Thunberg isn't going to be happy about that.
                  Always moaning, that one.

Comment

Well bugger me, I (and others) walked past the Grey Horse when walking from Oxford Road station to Victoria (long story involving cancelled Northern Trains 'services', Bolton away and my mate not setting walk on google maps).

We remarked on what an interesting pub it looked, but we needed to get a spurt on to catch the 1250 to Horwich Parkway.

Comment

I have some friends in Manchester that I've met through various work conferences. I'll make sure to tell them what you're doing. Since it wasn't named up front, is the pub the Grey Horse?

Comment

Indeed it is

[URL="https://twitter.com/plenderleithian/status/1216696024204443653?s=21"]https://twitter.com/plenderleithian/status/1216696024204443653[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                          I have some friends in Manchester that I've met through various work conferences. I'll make sure to tell them what you're doing. Since it wasn't named up front, is the pub the Grey Horse?
                          See thread title - .

Comment

The place has certainly changed a lot since I was last there, though that was probably in the 90s.

Comment

I reckon if you got rid of the fridgey thing on the left you could fit in a nice coffee machine.

Comment

I reckon if you got rid of the fridgey thing on the left you could fit in a nice coffee machine.
                                I binned the fridge off in March 2018. Also the t-shirts and pump clips.

Comment

And yet still no coffee machine?

I don't like to harp on, but...

Comment

Hang on, so is "pumps with no clips" the thing these days?

Comment

He means the ones making the beams look untidy.

Comment

Oh. So not the pump clips on the pumps then. I didn't know they were pump clips, on the beams. They do look shit.

Comment

How do they fit on the beams? Wouldn't you have to take the actual clip off?

Comment

It is rare that I get to this, but what do you mean by a "coffee machine"?

Something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                              I've been told that The Circus, next door, is also a fine pub.
                                              Otf: “neither of them are as good as they used to be though”

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Something like this?

It could be that sophisticated or something more rudimentary.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Something like this?

Nice work. Gotta take your opportunities.

That looks about right for the Grey Horse. Maybe something slightly smaller I guess. But yes, essentially I mean one of those gizmos, for making espresso-type coffees.

Comment

You'll spend three grand on that just to sell four cups of coffee a day. And TonTon still won't come.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X