Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Yards-...l-text&sr=1-12

Comment

There were loads of John le Carre books for 99p at the weekend, I bought the whole George Smiley collection for 99p. Sadly, it looks like it was only available at the price for a day.

Comment

Sadly all back to more normal prices now.

Comment

I also bought Shuggie Bain, which many have praised on the main books thread. Still 99p, I started reading it this afternoon, 20% read in one sitting, fantastic writing, unremittingly grim.

Comment

I've read it, but in case anyone hasn't: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez is currently 99p.

Comment

To Paradise-Hanya Yanagihara available today.

Comment

Bernard Cribbins and 1 more Bernard Who?: 75 Years of Doing Just About Everything

Comment

David Goldblatt The Ball is Round: A Global History of Football

This is an excellent read

Comment

David Goldblatt Futebol Nation: A Footballing History of Brazil

Comment

David Goldblatt The Game of Our Lives: The Meaning and Making of English Football

I didn't really get into this one but 99p is a great price

Comment

David Hepworth Uncommon People: The Rise and Fall of the Rock Stars 1955-1994

Comment

Donald McRae A Man's World: The Double Life of Emile Griffith

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                            I also bought Shuggie Bain, which many have praised on the main books thread. Still 99p, I started reading it this afternoon, 20% read in one sitting, fantastic writing, unremittingly grim.
                            It's still available for 99p

Comment

Jarvis Cocker's book "good pop,bad pop" is currently 99p

Comment

Debbie Harry autobiography is 99p too and Stuart Cosgrove's Detroit 67: The Year That Changed Soul (The Soul Trilogy Book 1) is £1.29. A good day for music related books.

Comment

Thanks for that, steveeeeeeeee. Just bought the Cosgrove one (it was £1.79 just now, but still a bargain).

Comment

Donald McRae In Sunshine or in Shadow: Shortlisted for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year Prize

Comment

Donald McRae Dark Trade: Lost in Boxing

Comment

Donald McRae Under Our Skin: A White Family's Journey through South Africa's Darkest Years

Comment

Already had a paperback of the Cosgrove but shelled out 99 shiny pennies for Jarvis, ta

Comment

Tracey Thorn My Rock 'n' Roll Friend

Comment

snapped that up, too, thanks AE

Comment

I’m fancying a kindle for my upcoming birthday.
                                                I received a “nook” about 12 yrs ago which was Barnes and nobles iirc version. It’s been a nightmare as cyber book companies keep playing pass the parcel with its U.K. ownership/licensing to the extent that at one point bloody Sainsburys we’re it’s U.K. book sellers. I’ve given up on it now and it’ll probably be on eBay in the new year.
                                                Any particular kindles to avoid as there seem to be loads of variants. 12th gen ferchrissakes!

Comment

I've no idea which one is best, mine is over 10 years old and works well. Happy reading

Comment

If you have an iPad or other tablet, the Kindle app provides much of the same functionality without an additional device.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X