This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » books/music/music/book..... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: books/music/music/book.....
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the hope that I might draw some of the more recent readers of the books (the threads involving the name are a bit old and seem complimentary from the few), is anyone prepared to guide me on Chuck Klosterman?

I have his (currently unreleased) novel sat on the bookcase, but as he writes for the imprint the good lady hand works for, I can get all the other books. Where to start?

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ale
Member # 107

- posted      Profile for ale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
back to Paul Morley...anybody tempted by his new book Piece by Piece 1977-2007 articles on Joy Division?...I mean how many pieces has he written on the band since 1980 or is it mainly a compilation of his NME writings to this date
Posts: 3315 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's just a collection of his articles on Joy Division. Considering how many of those there've been, and that half of them were probably 5,000 words long, that's enough for a book.

I think Ask was a compilation of his NME writings, but it's impossible to get hold of. People show up on the internet every now and then to tell you how great it is, and you just have to put up with it.

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melbourne Arab
Member # 1389

- posted      Profile for Melbourne Arab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first chapter of Nothing is heavy going - almost unreadable in fact. It's worth sticking with it, though, because the rest of it is very good.
Posts: 854 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC