This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » If you have a problem, and if you can find them, maybe you could hire ... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you have a problem, and if you can find them, maybe you could hire ...
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
British tabloids suggest that the "A Team" is going to be the next 80s TV series-to-movie "blockbuster" to go into production.

With - get this:

George Clooney as Hannibal
Woody Harrelson as Murdoch
Ice Cube as BA and
Jude Law as Face Man.

Fucking hell. I'm not sure even Mr T could point-weld a decent film out of that lot. It sounds horribly like it's going to be another of Hollywood's self-knowing mugging to camera fests.

[ 22.03.2008, 10:31: Message edited by: Rogin the Armchair fan ]

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, substitute Brad Pitt for Law and put Mr T in as BA and you've got a decent cast.
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it wrong to want to tie jude law to stakes and to leave him in the baking desert for fire ants to eat him?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clooney is a very good actor.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, HB. Or if he isn't, he's well charismatic. The Cary Grant of our times.
Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a great, somewhat fawning interview with him in TIME. And if the events in the article are the unembellished truth, then the fawning is entirely justified, and Clooney is my all time hero.

According to the article, he came to the hack's house to be interviewed over a homecooked supper, praised the food, was excellent company, did a bit of DIY (for fuck's sake), and all but tongued the writer on his way out.

I've heard from a South African volunteer in Darfur, who met Clooney there, that our man is down-to-earth and very friendly. Which supports everything I've read about him. Frankly, I'd sleep with him if he asked me to.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add me to the list of otherwise heterosexual men who might make an exception for Clooney. Excellent actor, and seems to be a hell of a guy.
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've developed a very strong and bitter dislike of Ice Cube, so I'm not happy with him. He's about as far from Mr. T as it gets. Mr. T was grouchy and lovable, Ice Cube is cunty and a douchebag.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least he'll get to pull this face again, and not this one he's been modelling a lot recently. God he's such a prick.

Still, I had to gawp in amazement when my ex clocked a copy of NWA's Greatest Hits and said "oh, Ice Cube the actor?" What?

(Bonus Google Image Search result.)

Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clooney is not attractive! I don't understand why men will turn for him but not for someone who's actually good looking. Oh well. I guess that's the actual whole point.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Clooney's so great, what's he doing advertising Nescafe's ridiculous branded espresso kits? This was a pretty aggressive campaign, with expensive brochures falling out of newspapers in the UK and all the rest of it.

I'm sure the fact that his hair colour suits the end product played some part in his casting; but could he also have been placed - as the face of left-wing Hollywood - to counteract Nestle's famously dodgy image, and perhaps obfuscate the fact that they're not pushing Fairtrade coffee here? Who wants to bum him now?

(Turns out Charlie Brooker, the tit, actually bought one)

[ 23.03.2008, 13:19: Message edited by: Not me ]

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, lyra, who do I suggest I should fuck then?
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh whoever you want, obv. I just never understood why it's always Clooney with men
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty sure women are into him, too.
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only bad thing about Clooney is he does voiceovers for Budweiser commercials. He's a good Kentucky boy--should be a bourbon sponsor (though I guess you can't get TV money for that).
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC