This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » The English Cadaver

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The English Cadaver
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anthony Minghella is dead.

[ 18.03.2008, 13:22: Message edited by: Spearmint Rhino ]

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RobW
Member # 1522

- posted      Profile for RobW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So is Captain Birds Eye

Was Minghella suffering from something? He was only 54 and the BBC report says nothing.

[ 18.03.2008, 13:59: Message edited by: RobW ]

Posts: 1196 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cause of death as yet unknown. He hadn't been ill, Sky are saying.

Dead at 54, that's no age at all.

(He said hopefully.)

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RobW
Member # 1522

- posted      Profile for RobW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the PA;

'The Variety website quoted a spokesman as saying he suffered a brain haemorrhage at 5am today at Charing Cross Hospital in London, where he had an operation on his neck.'

Posts: 1196 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked him up on IMDB. A well-known name, but I couldn't think of what films he'd done. I note that he only actually directed 7 films so far (though there are 2 or 3 more in production or planning stages), which is fewer than I expected, given that his name has been well-known for a long time. I've never actually seen any of them.

I do hope they can the production of The Ninth Life of Louis Drax now (I see that was to have been a future project of his). Films of books I really like keep getting made now. I get irrationally protective. Grrr...

[ 18.03.2008, 17:48: Message edited by: Jimski ]

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob,bob,bob & bob
Member # 4308

- posted      Profile for bob,bob,bob & bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As sad as his demise is, my sympathy is tempered somewhat by Truly Madly Deeply. It was Truly Fucking Shite.
Posts: 115 | From: The Wirral Peninsula | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. RIP and all that but... agreed.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC