This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Curbing my enthusiasm (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Curbing my enthusiasm
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, BBC4 showed it, and then it was on BBC2 at stupid o'clock.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm enjoying what I've seen of the current series but it's still a bit too, well, obvious in places. Still a bit off the pace compared to series 2-4
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the Krazee-Eyez Killa episode from season three yesterday, and I'm still laughing. I've never seen a better or more casual piss-take of MTV Cribs than Krazee's guided tour.
Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"That's the floor. It's made of... floor shit."

Series 6 is OK, but it's now so contrived and cartoonish that it's barely the same show - and yet the jokes are still the same. I watched it and enjoyed it, but the thing is over the hill now.

Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yeah, in the age of BitTorrent, if you premiere a series late at night on a minority channel, months after it went out in the States, you're going to get low ratings.
Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've absolutely buried it in the schedules though, haven't they? Why even bother taking on a jewel like that if you're not going to make one single effort to alert viewers to its appearance? Some sort of residual vanity prompts them to acquire it, before cowardice prevents them from advertising the fact that they've done so.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RobW
Member # 1522

- posted      Profile for RobW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers for the link to the new series. I'm watching them now. I just love Jeff's little misdemeanours, whether it's tossing off whilst thinking of Cheryl or masturbating in the David's house.

The abuse of free samples is a lovely bit too, and I love the little attention to detail in the Ice Cream shop with the sign that reads 'Non-Fat Frozen Yoghurt'. I take that as a nod to the classic Seinfeld episode.

Posts: 1196 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think they would have spelled yogurt like that on the poster. Plus, I'm not sure how much attention to detail they spend on stuff like that. It was an actual frozen yogurt/gelato shop, so the poster might have already been up.

Minutae trivia for Curb freaks: that frozen yogurt shop is just doors down from the corner Larry and Jeff see the shoplifter standing with the shaming sandwich board sign in "The Massage" from Season 2.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC