This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Stay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stay
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A student whose dissertation I'm supervising lent me this-2005, dir. M. Foster (who sounds German in the commentary), starring Ewan McGregor as a pschiatrist, Naomi Watts as his (formerly suicidal) artist girlfriend, and Ryan Gosling as a suicidal patient he tries to treat/save.

Really interesting film, basically cos it attempts to represent subjective mental states visually. Doesn't quite work IMO, and the studio obviously thought it would confuse the hell out of yer average cinemagoer, cos it went straight to dvd over here anyway. Just wondered if anyone else had seen it...?

[ 11.03.2008, 14:50: Message edited by: Felicity, I guess so ]

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marc Forster, director of Monster's Ball, The Kite Runner and, improbably, the new Bond film?
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen it and posted this on the I'm going to kill myself in 90 days thread:

Bit of an aside here, there was a film with Ewan McGregor recently called Stay. The reason I'm thinking of it was that in the film there was an artist who had said he was going to kill himself and destroy all his work. The guy in the film is obsessed with this artist. My question is does anybody know whether this artist ever existed or was it just made up for the film? I meant to check it up after I watched it but forgot until this thread.

My assessment of the film was similar to FIgs, praiseworthy for trying something different but the result was muddled.

Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC