This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Margot at the Wedding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Margot at the Wedding
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a thread about this? I can't find it. I saw it last night and it seems like quite an OTF film.

It was actually very good and very, very funny, despite the presence of Jack Black (playing a Jack Black character, as always, but not too horribly) and Nicole Kidman. The reviews on IMDB are very, very mixed to say the least, but I suspect it's because the wrong people are watching it, expecting some kind of chick-flick comedy.

All the humour is in the reality of the dialogue; the rest of the film is a very nice character ensemble piece about a thoroughly dysfunctional family trying to get together for a wedding. Not usually my thing, but well enough done that it was a very, very enjoyable hour and a half.

And, by the way, thank god someone still makes films of a sensible length.

They could still do with employing cameramen who don't have Parkinson's disease. What is it with all these shakey cameras?

Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see this. I loved The Squid & The Whale and Mr Jealousy. Not showing in Oxford though, sadly.
Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC