This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » and where is the Veronica Mars thread? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: and where is the Veronica Mars thread?
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... here it is.

Marvelous show so far (well into season one), does it keep up the quality in the next seasons?

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which are you in? Is she in college yet?

So far this year has been ok, but it's just beginning to get going on the big "meta plot" for the year. I missed about half of last week's becaue my friend called me in the middle of the episode and I'm probably going to miss tonight's becaue I'm going out to meet an actual human being for dinner/drink.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, this is just season one right now. She's still a Junior. (I think.)

Veronica is my hero. Well, she would have been when I was in high school.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see much of season one.

Veronica would have been rejecting my clumsy advances in high school.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If no one talks about it here, head over to this TV discussion forum (recently mentioned on My Name Is Earl--you may have heard thousands of heads simultaneously exploding at that moment). Rob Thomas, the show's creator (not the Matchbox 20 guy), has even posted there.
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had never really heard of Veronica Mars until I was in Peru, when I watched an episode. That was bizarre. It was good, but I haven't watched any since then. I can only devote my attention to one female-driven show on the CW that stinks in the ratings, and my heart is with Gilmore Girls.

[ 30.01.2007, 23:19: Message edited by: Inca ]

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo... at last a Veronica thread!

I admit to feeling more than a twinge of guilt about watching this show regularly. After all 58 year-old andropausal males aren't exactly it's intended demographic. At least I don't think we are. I feel a teeny bit like a dirty old man in teen chat room. But what the hell...

Anyway I like everything about it. the writing is witty, it's not self-consciously clever but, nevertheless, it is clever. And who couldn't love Kristen Bell? Not me. Despite the fact that an eighteen-year old girl with that amount of poise, nous and self-knowledge has never, and could never, exist on this or any other planet.

Must be careful not to give away spoilers as most people seem to be two seasons back. Organizationally the third season is less chaotic, and therefore maybe less interesting, than the first . It's gradually moved to a more orthodox and predictable structure. There is now always one mini-mystery per episode and this season two major on-going ones, one is now complete and the other one started last week. The writing stays sharp though and Veronica/Kristen is more believable as a co-ed than a high-school senior. She's nearly thirty after all, I googled her (God that sounds sad!) Anyway stick with it, it's been a word of mouth success, and they're starting to bring in some 'names' Ed Begley Jr has been a regular this season, he's great.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Veronica Mars. We're about to hit the finale of the second season, which I didn't enjoy as much as the first, but is still great.

The chap who plays Logan is doing a fantastic job of being at once utterly despicable yet eliciting a certain degree of sympathy.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apinamies
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for apinamies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent timing starting this thread and the BSG one - this week's episode had Veronica being hired by a college guy to find a girl he met at Galactica section in Comic Con.

The second season was bit of a mess with several astonishingly lame soapy subplots and poorly executed big mystery. Most episodes were still very enjoyable though. I've been more disappointed with this season, too much Logan (I do like the character but he works better in a less central role, like Spike did) and the writing has been less witty I think.
quote:
The writing stays sharp though and Veronica/Kristen is more believable as a co-ed than a high-school senior. She's nearly thirty after all, I googled her (God that sounds sad!)
Heh, how sad it must be then that one of my favourite moments in the entire series is when Veronica disapproves her classmate shagging Charisma Carpenter. "She's, like, 25", gasps Kristen Bell, 25.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone got the rights for UK terrestrial distribution, or am I going to have to torrent this as well as BSG?
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw the season 2 finale. Bit of a surprise twist, but too much melodrama and manipulation. A bit of a let-down.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

We finished season 2 recently, and I can see where G-Man is coming from.

I enjoyed the season actually, and found aspects of the finale suprisingly rewarding, but I think the season overall suffered from too many blind-alley storylines & twists.

Also read a story today that the show is on the ropes and may be rebuilt as a "Veronica Mars: FBI" series.

Dear oh dear.

Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None of the free TV sites I use have functioning Veronica Mars links. I'm beginning to get pissed off. Pull your finger out, C4.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

They haven't cancelled it, have they? The last two weeks it hasn't been on. Instead, the 9 pm Tuesday slot has featured that "reality" show where untalented skanks try out to join the Pussycat Dolls.
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, the third season has lately gone into a real tailspin. It's much less of an ensemble production now. Plots have become thin and very linear with the future "Veronica Mars: FBI" concept being telegraphed repeatedly. It's a shame it's declined so rapidly. At the moment it's off the air but due to return for a big season finale in May. I'm afraid I'm not at all optimistic.

[ 20.03.2007, 17:22: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC