This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Lost (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Lost
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, but I heard great things about it. Is there a DVD planned at any point soon?
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first 2 seasons are out on DVD. The first season is as good a season that you'll ever see, and is just as good as the Sopranos' first season. Season 2 was okay, and very interesting in terms of union labor's struggles in America, but was a little too meandering. I'm still waiting on Season 3, which had an interesting fictional turn in making a legalized section of West Baltimore called "Hamsterdam." I bumped the other Wire thread, in which season 4 will focus on the inner-city educational system.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
24 is average?

You are a very tough crowd.
24 is the best tv series on tv anywhere. Although this series misses something now that Tony Almeida and the beautiful Michelle Dessler are dead.

Jack Baur is the new Chuck Norris.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeper cell was ok, albeit a little rushed storyline wise for my liking.
Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gave up on Lost after being distinctly underwhelmed by the first few episodes. Somebody, possibly an OTFer, told me it picked up dramatically after the 6th show. Is this true or will I be disappointed if I expect more from the later shows?
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say you'll be drastically disappointed. It gets slightly funnier and more atmsopheric, but more or less nothing actually happens.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what exactly is the appeal? A bit like 100 Bullets, it's all quite interesting while you're watching it but it never seems to go anywhere.

[ 26.04.2006, 17:29: Message edited by: Ginger Yellow ]

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The English accents in Episode 12 are terrible
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The appeal of last is partly that there's some quite good characters, it's pretty funny a lot of the time, and there's some very atmospheric bits. At the end of the day, though, it's mostly just a lot of running about in the jungle.

It's a bit like the X-Files in many respects.

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The appeal of last is partly that there's some quite good characters, it's pretty funny a lot of the time, and there's some very atmospheric bits. At the end of the day, though, it's mostly just a lot of running about in the jungle.
I am sticking with it, i think it is good but very slow. Having said that, series 2 is much better than 1

I found out off one of my year 11 students (who has seen up to epiosde 20) some startling information about that guy who claimed to land in the balloon

[ 27.04.2006, 08:06: Message edited by: rick derris ]

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO SPOILERS!
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK! just glad i didnt mention anything about the canadian cannibals who were pissing it up at the first class bar when the plane crashed
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the fat guy from "Lost" sitting with Matt Groening at a David Sedaris reading last night.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

hurly.

dude!!

The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tell you what: Episode 20 was a bit spicy!
Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC