This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Decades (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Decades
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you know this one had to come: after the best albums by decade in OTMusic, what are your best films by decade? You can start as early or as late as you'd like.

20s: Sunrise
30s: Trouble In Paradise
40s: Citizen Kane
50s: Singin' In the Rain
60s: Contempt
70s: Apocalypse Now
80s: Blade Runner
90s: Rushmore
00s: Y Tu Mama Tambien

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S. aureus
Member # 949

- posted      Profile for S. aureus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
30s: The Old Dark House
40s: The Maltese Falcon
50s: Night of the Hunter
60s: El Dorado
70s: The Wicker Man
80s: Withnail and I
90s: Strictly Ballroom
00s: Requiem for a Dream

I'm sure that I'm forgetting some I liked better. The 80s (Breaker Morant), 50s and 40s (several) were particularly hard decisions.
So, who's going to start the books version?

Posts: 2324 | From: Pharmageddon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
30s: Duck Soup
40s: Casablanca
50s: Singin' In The Rain
60s: Midnight Cowboy
70s: Dog Day Afternoon
80s: Once Upon A Time In America
90s: Fargo
00s: Hedwig And The Angry Inch

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
30s: (very very tough to pick, this might be my top decade) M
40s: The Third Man
50s: Vertigo
60s: Dr. Strangelove
80s: Hotaru no haka (Grave of the Fireflies)
90s: Being John Malkovich*
00s: Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away)

*Tough call on this since there is a lot that I 'like', but few that I really love.

All being said, I would have been happy with G-man's 30s, 40s and 50s choices.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20s: Metropolis
30s: Oh, Mr. Porter!
40s: Fantasia
50s: I'm All Right Jack
60s: Carry On Up The Khyber
80s: Gregory's Girl
90s: Small Faces
00s: Chicken Run

I keep changing my mind, so I'd better post something...

Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20s: Metropolis
30s: The 39 Steps
40s: Casablanca
50s: Sunset Boulevard
60s: Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?
70s: Taxi Driver
80s: Airplane!
90s: Swingers
00s: Kill Bill Vols 1+2

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the 90s to be one of the hardest decades for me, along with the 40s and 70s. I could've gone with any of these:

Goodfellas, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Trainspotting, Being John Malkovic.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the 90s I had virtually nowt, but the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s were awash with fab fillums.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This would take hours to do, but off the top of my head I think Kill Bill would be top of the list for the 00s.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20s - Cabinet of Dr Caligari
30s - Duck Soup
40s - The Treasure of Sierra Madre (impossible decade this, probably the best of all time, and also the most of-its-time)
50s - North by Northwest
60s - Dr Strangelove
70s - The Godfather
80s - Raging Bull
90s - The Big Lebowski
00s - City of God (off the top of my head)

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20s -- Metropolis
30s -- Wizard of Oz
40s -- Palm Beach Story
50s -- Rio Bravo
60s -- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
70s -- Er, ummm, pass.
80s -- Lonesome Dove
90s -- And Life Goes On AKA Life and Nothing But (Kiarostami film)
00s -- Crimson Gold

Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1930: Modern Times
1940: The great dictator
1950: The seven samurai
1960: In the heat of the night
1970: Star Wars
1980: The color purple / Cinema Paradiso (canít decide here)
1990: The silence of the lambs
2000: Ray

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20s -- Sunrise
30s -- La Grande Illusion
40s -- The Big Sleep
50s -- Tokyo Story
60s -- La Jetee
70s -- The Godfather 1&2
80s -- Dekalog (narrowly from Once Upon A Time IN America)
90s -- Sonatine
00s -- Kill Bill 1&2

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy Potger
Member # 1315

- posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I've done this one before

1920s Bronenosets Potyomkin
1930s Triumph Des Willens
1940s The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
1950s Some Like it Hot
1960s Mary Poppins
1970s The Omen
1980s Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
1990s Children of the Revolution
2000s City of God

Posts: 2834 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can't have 1 and 2, Derek.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC