This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Chicago

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chicago
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I'll be the first here to admit, I like "If You Leave Me Now". Lovely melody, fine arrangement, and Peter Cetera's warbling is good on it (the high notes especially).

Of course, Chicago was pretty good when they were Blood, Sweat & Tears lite. They had some excellent songs before Cetera's coup d'etat. "Saturday In The Park" ought to be regarded as a classic, and "25 Or 6 To 4" rocks like a motherfucker.

Post-coup Chicago mainly sucked. With his corporate soft-rock, Cetera anticipated the '80s, and his visage is emblemic of that horrible decade. There's one post-coup song that I like, called "Take Me Back To Chicago", which incorporates a bit of a fusion vibe, but I've yet to meet anyone who shares my enthusiasm for it.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree about their early stuff, G-Man - great brass!

Always thought the naming of their albums was a bit lazy.

Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only pre-slush Chicago tracks I'm familiar with are "25 or 6 to 4" (by the way, what the fuck is that supposed to mean anyway?), and "Streetplayer" (which was sampled by Kenny 'Dope' & The Bucketheads on "Da Bomb"). "Streetplayer" is wicked.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, another tiny piece of trivia to squeeze into my brain somewhere. Until today I didn't know that Peter 'Glory Of Love' Etcetera was the main man in Chicago.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Answer to SR's query.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, "Glory Of Love' is an evil song.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

Ha, after meanderous beginnings, there's a nice conclusion to the article ursus linked to (doubtlessly after searching so long):

"I think we can take Lamm's word for the whole thing. Because, when it's that early in the morning, does anybody really know what time it is?"

Made me smile.

[ 26.03.2008, 10:40: Message edited by: G-Man ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC